COL862: Advanced Topics in Operating Systems : Readings
We will cover a few PL/OS topics in depth by reading recent research papers in the area.
Tentative Reading List
- On the Duality of Operating System Structures, Lauer and Needham, Operating Systems Review '79.
- Push-button verification of file systems via crash refinement, OSDI 2016.
- Machine-aware atomic broadcast trees for multicores, OSDI 2016
- Light-Weight Contexts: An OS Abstraction for Safety and Performance, OSDI 2016
- FaSST: Fast, Scalable and Simple Distributed Transactions with Two-Sided (RDMA) Datagram RPCs, OSDI 2016
- NetBricks: Taking the V out of NFV, OSDI 2016
- Efficient Network Reachability Analysis Using a Succinct Control Plane Representation, OSDI 2016
- TensorFlow: A System for Large-Scale Machine Learning, OSDI 2016
- CertiKOS: An Extensible Architecture for Building Certified Concurrent OS Kernels, OSDI 2016
- Coordinated and Efficient Huge Page Management with Ingens, OSDI 2016.
- SCONE: Secure Linux Containers with Intel SGX, OSDI 2016
- EbbRT: A Framework for Building Per-Application Library Operating Systems, OSDI 2016.