Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Address : 247-37, 87th drive, Bellerose, New York - 11426, USA
Phone : +917838539597
Work Authorization Status : Permanent Resident of USA
B.Tech in Computer Science
Indian Institute of Technology
Class XII, CBSE
CSKM Public School, New Delhi
Class X, CBSE
Air Force Bal Bharati Public School, New Delhi
• Awarded merit scholarship and certificate for being in top 7 percentile of the institute for semesters II and IV.
• Secured All India Rank 34 in Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Advanced - 2013).
• Secured All India Rank 218 out of 1.2 million candidates appearing in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains -
2013) organized by Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE).
• Awarded the KVPY fellowship under ‘Kishore Vaigyanak Protsahan Yojana’ administered by Indian Institute of Science
• Awarded Certificate Of Merit by Indian Association Of Physics Teachers for being in National Top 1% at National
Standard Examination in Astronomy 2012.
• Programming Languages: C, C++, Python, Java, SML, Lex, Yacc, Prolog, VHDL, HTML.
• Platforms: Windows, Linux, Android.
• Software Packages: Android SDK, R, MATLAB, Xilinx, L
TEX, Logisim, Qt(Cross-platform Application Framework).
Internship and Major Projects
Research Intern, BigData Experience Lab
Adobe Systems, Bangalore, India
Digital Marketing - Email Content Optimization
May 2016 - Jul 2016
• Developed a predictive model for click through rate(CTR) based on intrinsic content as well as customer level details.
• Conducted a literature review to identify and extract features of importance.
• Applied machine learning models to estimate key parameters based on extracted features.
• Performed extensive statistical analysis and filtering on the experiment data to extract relevant information.
• Developed a prototype for email authoring tool capable of providing high level meaningful suggestions to the author.
IIT Delhi Thesis
Prof. Subhashis Banerjee
Depth Estimation from Egocentric Videos
Aug 2016 - Present
• Objective is to obtain depth estimates of various objects present in a video stream from a head mounted camera.
• Performed sensitivity analysis of apical angle by simulating videos in OpenGL.
• Present state of the art involves different SLAM techniques like LSD and ORB. Both of these fail in egocentric videos
due to poor tracking of points during fast rotational motion.
Prof. Prem K Kalra
Face Morphing Android Application
Dec 2015 - Feb 2016
• Developed an android application using OpenCV to morph multiple facial images.
• Performed automated feature detection using Haar Classifier to train templates for template matching.
• Triangulated the feature points using Delunay Triangulation.
• The images were considered on the boundary of a circle and a trajectory was defined through the circle to create a
sequence of morphing. The trajectory was specified by the user at run time.
Network Based Multiplayer Game
Prof. Huzur Saran, Mar 2015 - Apr 2015
• Designed a multi-player peer-to-peer network based game of space invaders where one has to shoot down aliens with
different AI levels. Used OpenGL and Blender for graphics and UDP sockets as network component.
• During network outages, a player losing connection is replaced by an Artificial Intelligence bot.
Prof. Kolin Paul, Apr 2016 - May 2016
• Designed a program to run JOS as a guest operating system in JOS.
• The program includes addition of a filesystem to existing JOS for running on-disk executables, implementing new system
calls and emulating privileged instruction by the guest user.
Cloud Storage System
Prof. Huzur Saran, Feb 2015
• Created a cloud storage system in C++ allowing users to sync files with the server and share files with each other.
• Used FTP and TCP-IP for sync and transfer.
• Implemented data de-duplication to minimize server disk usage. OpenSSL was used to ensure encrypted file transfer.
BlackJack Optimal Strategy Generator
Prof. Mausam, Oct 2015
• Modeled the problem as Markov Decision Process with input being probability of getting cards from infinite deck.
• Developed a cyclic graph, state transition function and reward model to encode the dynamics of the play.
• Developed AI agent to maximize expected return by determining best action in each state of the model.
• Used Value Iteration to backpropogate rewards and determine returns of each action.
Internet Advertisement and Newsgroup Classification
Prof. Parag Singla, Mar 2016 - Apr 2016
• Built an advertisement classifier by modeling the problem into SVM constrained optimization problem.
• Converted this problem into dual optimization problem and solved it using CVX and libSVM packages.
• Implemented the Naive Bayes Algorithm from the first principles to learn a model for classifying articles in a given set
of newsgroup. Performed 5-fold cross validation and used confusion matrix for accuracy measurements.
Parallel Sudoku Solver
Prof. Subodh Sharma, Mar 2016
• Used OpenMP API to create a multithreaded application capable of solving large sudoku puzzles.
• Modeled it as an exact cover problem and implemented Donald Knuth’s Dancing Links algorithm to find its solution.
• Implemented standard heuristics like elimination, lone ranger, twins and triplets to improve the efficiency of the solver.
RISC Processor Implementation
Prof. Smruti Sarangi, Apr 2015 - May 2015
• Designed RISC processor with RAM, Register File, ALU and Control Unit using Logisim.
• It also involved pipelining and forwarding between different stages.
Prof. Parag Singla, Feb 2016 - March 2016
• Implemented Neural Network Learning Algorithm to identify the digits in an image. Used stochastic gradient version
of the back propagation algorithm while training.
Prof. Sanjeeva Prasad, Mar 2015 - Apr 2015
• Designed and implemented a prolog interpreter in SML language. The design was based on a lexer and a parser, which
generated Abstract Syntax Tree creating a robust and scalable interpreter.
• Computer Science: Learning Probabilistic & Graphical Models*, Machine Learning, Operating Systems, Parallel &
Distributed Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Networks, Analysis & Design of Algorithms, Digital Image
Analysis, Principles of Programming Languages, Computer Architecture, Design Practices in Computer Science, Data
Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Digital Logic & Design.
• Mathematics and Electrical Engineering: Contemporary Abstract Algebra*, Probability & Stochastic Processes,
Linear Algebra, Calculus, Signals and Systems.
* Courses currently pursuing
Extra Curricular Activities
• Worked as an intern in Development Links Foundation (NGO). The work was primarily focused on waste management
and improvement in the health and livelihood of rag-pickers and slum dwellers.