The Indo-German Max Planck Center for Computer Science (IMPECS) has been setup with the vision to
- perform top-quality basic research in Computer Science (CS) in cooperation between Indian and German computer scientists,
- serve as a bridge between the Indian and German CS communities, and enhance scientific cooperation between them, and
- act as a center of excellence in which faculty and students can build careers.
- support research groups built around Indian scientists,
- organize schools/workshops/seminars and short/long term-visits to bring together researchers,
- offer Max Planck visiting professorships for high-profile researchers,
- organize exchange of graduate students, and
- provide postdoctoral fellowships for research stays at MPI-INF and MPI-SWS.
IMPECS is supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Bundesministerium fur Bildung und Forschung (BMBF, Federal Ministry of Education and Research) and the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG, Max Planck Society).
IMPECS offers postdoctoral positions at MPI-INF and MPI-SWS. The deadline deadline for applying for is March 31, 2013. Interested students…Read more...
Saptarshi Ghosh, a PhD student at IIT Kharagpur (advisor Niloy Ganguly), won the annual research competition for PhD students organized…Read more...
The deadline for applying for student exchange is Jan 31, 2013. Students enrolled in a Ph.D. programme at any Indian…Read more...
Dr Anand Srivastav is a Professor in the Computer Science Department at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität in Kiel where he heads the…Read more...